This is a 100% outbound calling role, but you will not be treated as “just a BDR”. It is one of the most important positions in our business and we have chosen a model of having a small team of A Players on the phones, instead of a large team of people who consistently miss quota. As a result, we are paying far above the average amount in both base salary and commission, but we expect the best in return.
We're looking for a Senior Business Development Representative (Senior BDR) who will play a fundamental role in helping our clients start meaningful conversations with global enterprise companies via outbound calling.
How We Set You Up For Success
- Every prospect you call will already be part of an ABM campaign where they will have received personalized emails, a handwritten letter and more. They have been warmed before you call them.
- All data will be pre-validated for you, so you will only be dialing direct numbers. Our average connection rate across all clients for Q1 2023 is 29.35%, so you will speak directly to decision makers once in every three calls you make.
- Prospect via telephone (cold outreach) daily to generate sales-qualified leads.
- Generate strong sales meetings from verified leads, supplied by Leadable, and convert these to discovery calls and demos.
- Effectively communicate features and benefits of Leadable’s clients and manage lead expectations as a part of the qualification.
- Become an expert on your portfolio of clients and how they add value to their desired customers so that you can talk about these with confidence.
- Maintain an accurate pipeline of all worked contacts and account history on our CRM (Hubspot) and provide appropriate communication of this to the team so that our reporting is real-time.
You Will Be Good At This If
- You are comfortable with high levels of outbound phone call activity per day and you ACTUALLY want to do this (we cannot stress the last part enough).
- You are able to switch between clients easily, i.e. do a call block in the morning for Client A and another call block in the afternoon for Client B. Many people struggle with this change, you will need to be adaptable to very regular change.
- You are able to deal with people saying ‘no’ to you on a regular basis and stay confident that the next call will be a ‘yes’ at all times.
- You have a strong phone presence and a professional phone manner.
- You add the word panda to the subject line of this application.
- You possess the ability to write well-constructed, succinct emails.
- You understand the psychology behind why people do what they do and can, in a subtle way, show them that you understand their needs.
- You want to be in a high-volume sales environment: prospecting and building pipelines from hundreds of researched leads each month.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent English verbal and written skills.
- Prospecting via telephone (cold outreach) daily to generate sales-qualified leads interests you, with a proven track record of hitting quota and being a top performer.
- You have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- You’re resourceful and diligent in maintaining CRM sales data.
- At least two years outbound sales experience with a focus on calling.
- High emotional intelligence, the prospects you will be trying to close will always be senior decision-makers.
- All of the other generic traits you see in job descriptions; motivated, self-starter etc.
- Aligned to our Core Values.
What We Would Love To See
- That you treat the job application process in the same way which you would treat prospecting (clicking the button below is not enough). You should be able to sell yourself with confidence and impress at every touchpoint.
- Experience with working as part of a remote team for a sustained period of time.
- Experience with tools like Hubspot, JustCall, Mailshake, Slack, Vidyard, Asana etc.
What We Offer
- A very competitive base salary in USD, with commission added on top of this.
- A best in class support team with data researchers, sales copywriters and marketing operations to warm up leads for you to convert into meetings.
- Opportunities for growth within the company - we are only four years old and are growing rapidly.
- A positive and open work environment in a young and ambitious global agency.
- A fully remote team and with a fully remote culture.
Generic applications will not be considered for this role (nor should they be for any role). Our business model is based on breaking through the noise, your application should reflect this, i.e. the successful candidate will not be someone who just clicked the button below, it will be someone who goes out of their way to contact us directly and gets our attention.
*Updated 22 March 2023